Follow me! Let's be strange together. Lunatic and Swan Studios are on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Surrealette's Vernal Glamping Trip Menu

The "Surrealette's Vernal Glamping Trip" is officially in the works and I already hope we can make it a tradition.  I volunteered to make the food that weekend and though our mini vacation isn't for another 3 weeks I have almost finalized the menu.

Friday


Night Cap

Fancy Hot Cocoa with Cointreau and Marshmallows or Whipped Cream
Grandmother's Cookies

Saturday


Breakfast

Fruit Salad and Bakery with Coffee or Tea

Supper

Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Garlic Aioli
Belgian Endives with Goat Cheese Spread
Kumquat Margaritas

Dinner

Vegetarian Split Pea Soup with Bread and Butter
Pork tenderloin with a Salad of Massaged Mustard Greens and Fresh Grated Parmesan

Dessert

Dark Chocolate S'Mores with Beer Pairings

 

Sunday 

 

Brunch

Miniature Quiche with Gruyere and Mushrooms or Basil
Potato Au Gratin
Yoghurt Fruit Parfait with Granola and Agave Syrup
Smoked Salmon
Citrus Sorbet Mimosas


I intend to bake everything from scratch myself and if possible I would also like to make the butter and marshmallows by hand as well.  I looked into making graham crackers but I decided it wasn't going to be worth the effort.  I will also be putting the salad dressing and garlic aioli together, though I imagine they won't be "from scratch" exactly.  I will also pick up extra cheese and some crackers for any extra snacking that might occur.  Though since we plan on going out to lunch on Saturday I don't think anyone will have a chance to get hungry in between meals.  I have already gathered most of my recipes, two from Grandma Rosie and a few from Pinterest.  I will be testing a few of the new recipes over the next three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment