Follow me! Let's be strange together. Lunatic and Swan Studios are on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Handmade Touch

Though Andrew and Emily's wedding is by no means into the decoration planning stage, I can’t help but jump the gun. I am trying to blog about some of the inklings fluttering around my brain, so they don’t dissolve before the official brainstorm begins!

Handmade weddings are preferable not only because they are cheaper but because they are always more unique. Every lovely detail is created with one wedding, one couple in mind.

Lately I’ve been dabbling in a reverie of beautiful handmade event decorations. Any excuse to feast on design blogs and browse Etsy merchandise is a good excuse. I’d like to share some of the things that inspire me.


I adore these handmade paper garlands from lobsterandswan. I discovered her Etsy store after becomming a follower of her blog. Though she’s currently sold out, she may make more, so check back in her shop.



These birdnest place cards by LittleRetreats are a lovely way to add to an outdoor theme.  I also envision them as table numbers, or as ambience on the cake table.



I am also excited by unique uses of flowers at weddings. Blooms can be strewn on tables or used to adorn cakes. And these sachets of lavender blossoms by layla would make great gifts for the bridesmaids.

Browsing Etsy always provides overflowing buckets of inspiration.  I love the idea of paper cranes as a decoration. You can use virtually any paper, for whatever color or texture you want. And they can be used in dozens of ways; hanging from the ceiling, resting on a table, or even adorning a cake. 

I am also thinking about a handmade guest book and a handmade ring pillow… There is a nearly endless number of places to put the handmade touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment